Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Finish, But It's Not Friday

It's been a rough week. I'll take any finish I can get.

Last weekend I started trying Judy's Scrappy Challenge January and February blocks.  In my pre-cut scraps I had almost everything I needed already cut. But my brain just couldn't make it happen. I attributed it to the project being too new and set it aside to marinate for a while.
January

Moved on to quilting the pink & purple baby quilt which is what really needs to be getting finished now anyways. Thought that a mindless stipple would not be too taxing for my brain. Wrong again. The tension wasn't right and it didn't catch it until way late.  Unsewing was definitely brainless.

From there I gave up and realized I was not incompetent- I was sick.  So I put all sewing projects on the back burner.

Today I am feeling well enough to try again.  This time it all came into place with no problem.  I even spun the centers of my 4-patches.  I have seen it and seen it, but never tried it.  Sure enough - simple and effective.

 I got the January and the February block done in no time at all.  I need another baby quilt in case the baby in Guatemala is a boy and I think this might be it.  I added yellow to the centers thinking it softens the blue and green a bit.  They are not as scrappy as I envisioned, but except for the green in the large triangles and the yellow it really all came from the precut scraps and today I was going for easy with not too much thinking involved.
February
 Head on over to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to see some other finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!