Saturday, October 10, 2026

What Comes after Quadruple Check?

In math I always tell the students to show their work and double - triple - quadruple check.  They want to know what comes after quadruple check!!  If only they would at least double check. 😣 

I feel like I made some real progress on the Baby Blocks quilt.  Lots of math and finally some sewing.  It will work.

Good thing I like math!

The upper right and lower left sections are completed.  I double-triple-quadruple checked the math on the inner sashings, so the next step is to trim them down.  I had made them wider just in case, but turns out I didn't need to.  Still, I appreciate the safety net.

Getting Closer

Next step is careful trimming and then lots of pinning to get it all together.  I am finally feeling excited about this one again!  Not sure if it is because this step is almost over or because my math worked.  Somewhere along the way, I realized that the big problem was having the 9-patches on point with setting triangles instead of making them as a square in a square.  Oh well, lesson learned.

I was looking forward to making another crayon for the RSC since those are fun, but October is make a plan for the blocks.  That just didn't happen with all the planning for this quilt.  Maybe next week.

2026 15 Minutes to Stitch

15 minute days this week = 6/7
15 minute days/Oct = 9/10
15 minute days/2026 = 218/281
Success Rate 2026 = 78%

Knowing I was closing in on a finish for this round kept me going this week.  Only missed one day when I just could not keep my eyes open when I got home from school.  I slept 12 hours that night and was still tired the next day.
   
2026 Stash Totals
Used last week: 0 yards out this week 
Used year to date: 44.79 yards
Acquired recently: 0 yards  
Acquired year to date: 35 yards
Stash movement for 2026: 0.14 more yards acquired than used


Linking up to:
Kate at Life in Pieces 
Frederique at quiltingpatch
Angela at soscrappy!

5 comments:

  1. I am enjoying watching your progress on this project. I am impressed with your math skills. It is such a celebration when the numbers work!!! Your project is a WOW in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your last border of 9 patches on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a beautiful quilt! I'm glad the math is working out for you. Adding multiple borders to a center like that can be really challenging. I was a teacher in my work life, too, and getting kids to check their work was also a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your maths, the border looks perfect! Well done making the plans for the quilt and working, when I come home after school I can't concentrate on the quilt; I fall asleep too quickly... ;)
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working out the math for borders can be extremely tricky, since there must be room for imperfect seam allowances. You make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!