Sunday, February 27, 2022

Carnival Quilt #12 Complete!

Not much fabric movement, but 2 big projects done.

Not quite done in this photo, but the only photo of it finished has kids' faces.

This year's Carnival Auction Quilt is finished and delivered.  This is the 12th quilt I have made for the school auction.  The kids were so happy to use the sewing machine and see it all come together.  I used fabric from the mask stash that was big enough for something bigger than masks, so I can't count any of it out from my personal stash.

Of course, the quilting line where I got off track shows in the photo!

I also made a runner for the cashier counter at my favorite thrift store.   They are trying to protect the glass top of a vintage sales counter/cabinet they have.   I had a hard time getting started, but once I looked at it as just a long skinny (88" x 16") quilt, the project moved right along.  They supplied the focus fabrics, but I did use my own fabric for the black binding.  The 2 fabrics they chose clashed too much to use either one as the binding.  Black will get less grimy from use as well.  0.4 yards out.  Very generously, and quite unexpectedly, they gave me a voucher to use at the store!    

Fabric In This Week: 0 yards

Fabric In YTD: 6.04 yards

Fabric Out This Week: 0.4 yards

Fabric Out YTD: 6.3 yards

Stash Movement: 0.26 yards out


As far as time spent sewing .....  

I knew I started the year off far better than I could maintain in the long run and the last two weeks proved it.  But I think now I realistically know how often I can sew, which is important because I don't want to make myself sew if I'm tired and make mistakes.  Also, now that I am not sewing masks and the front burner projects are done I did not have something ready to sew and didn't have time to make a plan.  That has been remedied, so maybe this week will be better.  Either way I'm okay.  


Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing this week: 5/7

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in February 20/26

Days of at least 15 minutes of sewing in 2022: 48/57

Percentage: 84%

Considering the workload at school I am pleased.  Two big projects completed this week, and a project prepped to work on in small bits during the week, so I'll take that as a good week.


Linking up to Kate's Life in Pieces to share progress and stay accountable.

2 comments:

  1. Carnival quilt is a happy one, as it can be for Carnival Season. I guess it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun Carnival quilt! It should do well in the auction. Glad you were able to figure out what worked for you in the sewing room. It's just unrealistic for those of us who work outside the home to have the freedom and energy to manage stitching time every day. Hope this week is better on the stitching front.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!