Sunday, December 27, 2015

Last Stash Report of 2015

Oh My!  It has sure been a while.  I knew that working 5 days a week instead of 4 was going to make a difference, but I did not realize how much less time I would have for sewing.  I tried to keep track of the few projects I finished so that if I ever blogged again I would be able to report accurately.  Unfortunately I have very few photos.  Oh well.

Pillow Cover for Senor G's comfy pillow.   I just made it up as I went along using the fewest seams possible.  It works.  0.65 yds of an odd corduroy that was on its way to Goodwill

Basket with handles that Little S made for her Mama Cristy in Guatemala.  I had made this fabric basket
before and lost the instructions, but was able to figure it out on my own without too much trouble.  I did go back and find the link again for myself afterwards though.  0.17 yards

Davis Classroom Quilt.  For the 3rd year I am making a carnival auction quilt for Ms. Davis' class.  This year I had been given some bright fabric scraps that I worked right into the quilt.  So that didn't count in or out.  I do get to count the white squares the kids drew on and the few other blocks I added.  0.67 yds

Christmas Table Cloth for my SIL in Guatemala.  A pretty dark pink with gold outlines of holly leaves.  The image is stuck in my mind even if I didn't take a picture.  1.17 yds.


Strips that Sizzle Quilt.  Actually the last thing I posted about, but never did the stash report on.  A UFO that my mother got me started on and I finally finished.  Well kind of finished.  It is still a UFO since it needs borders, backing and quilting, but at least it has progressed.  I count fabric out when a specific step in the project is all done, so I get to count the center now.  9 yds

Work Aprons.  We had 4 new teachers so I made aprons for them and personalized then with their names.  My mother had made the original aprons about 4 years ago.   1.5 yds

Pet Rock Blankets.  We made pet rocks during our Pet Week.  The kids liked carrying them around so much that I cut out flannel blankets for them.  1.38 yds


American Girl Doll Bedding for Little S for Christmas.  Another project that I made up as I went along.  I got the bed frame when our school was flooded.  Anything that touched the water was thrown away, but I saved this.  Sure enough it was the right size for the AG dolls.  When the girls went to see the Nutcracker with my sister I quickly whipped up the bedding.  Lack of time sure helps me eliminate the agonizing decisions of should I or shouldn't I.  I just went with what worked and it worked just fine.  Little S wanted a fuzzy pillowcase for Christmas and her doll got one instead.  She was happy with that.  1.5 yds

American Girl Nightgown for Little S.  I found this link  for AG doll cloths patterns  a while back.  When I got the bedding done I knew the doll needed a new nightgown to go with it.  Unfortunately the doll chest has been covered up with College R's plants so there has not be an official modeling yet.  I will say that although it came out fine I was reminded of why I prefer quilting to sewing clothing.  I also was again impressed by the memory of my mother making 2 sets of elaborate Barbie Doll clothes for College R and Middle E many years ago.  What patience.  I made Samantha's nightgown with a few changes  0.5 yds
So here is my final report.  I had a goal of 100 yards, but that didn't happen.  But under the circumstances I am still pleased.

Fabric Used This Report:  16.54 yards 
Fabric In This Report:  0 yards 
Total In 2015: 7.02 yards
Net Used 2015:  65.12 yards


Linking up to  Patchwork Times  where others are giving a year end report as well!





1 comment:

  1. Love that stripes that sizzle quilt! It practically vibrates off the screen. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!