Monday, July 20, 2015

What Should I Work on Next?

I've had so many finishes this summer I am exhausted thrilled.  I've been working so hard on finishing UFOs and NOT starting anything new.  Mostly I've been having quilting & binding finishes which I have figured out is not my favorite part and probably why they stack up at that point.  I want to sew.  My Leader & Ender project is at the point where I just want to do it!  So I also need a new Leader & Ender project.  So I dumped out the UFOs that are still in the piecing stage.  Hmmm.  What to choose?


I've got a small center that needs borders or something. It was a commissioned quilt about 16 yrs ago that the people changed their mind on.  There is no more of any of the fabrics involved, but the maroon is close.  Then there is a bag of blue Strips that Sizzle also about 16 years old   And a bag of 3.5" blocks that I was working on for an idea at least 19 years ago. 

And the winner is ...   

Hopefully by this time next week I will have chosen one and made some progress on it.  I need to stop agonizing over the small details and just move forward.  Done is good!!

Head on over to Patchwork Times  to see what others are working on.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having so many finishes that you need to start something new! If you just want to get that 16yo quilt done, I'd suggest a narrow border in maroon and a wider border in a mostly-teal print. If you had a teal/maroon floral on hand....thinking of Cranston and VIP prints from 20 years ago, many of which had lots of colors/shades in one print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The next border should be a narrow maroon. Thanks for the confirmation on that. Then I will see what I can find to finish it out.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!