Friday, February 20, 2015

Spinning Octagons Done

Now to figure out what to do with them.  They were a 20 year old UFO with pieces cut out by scissors from a cardboard pattern so the uniformity is not quite there.  The pineapple borders are good since I cut them recently but the stars are not.  
My current idea is to replace the white corners with a color to complement the blue corners - maybe purple. Then cut them into uniform sized squares. Then add white sashing and corner stones of another complementary color - maybe yellow - to make the eye look there instead of the crookedness of the stars.  I will have to think on it for a while.  At least I got it this far. 

The original pattern used 42 blocks.  That would be huge.  These are supposed to finish at 14".  I think 12 with sashing and borders will be a nice twin and that will be fine.  
I also got these Dr Seuss aprons finished for work.  I don't think we will be able to get them dirty.  

Linking up with  Crazy Mom Quilts   and Confessions of a fabric addict  to show off finishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!