Friday, November 7, 2014

All the Way Around the World

Can't believe it!  I got it done.
approximately 60" x 62" at this stage

Well, the center part at least.  You can see my slow start here.  My idea for adjusting the rows so that I didn't get doubles where the 4 sections come together as in the original pattern worked.  I just used the 2 extra strips to balance out the side that ended up unsymmetrical and voila!  I am very pleased.  It was way easier than I ever imagined.  I finally made a Trip Around the World quilt. 

Working on borders now.  I have an idea so that it will end up more rectangular than square.  I am a "make it up as I go" kind of girl so we will see what really happens.  No matter what stash will get used and that is good.

 Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts  and Confessions of a Fabric Addict  to show off finishes.

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!