Friday, October 31, 2014

Halfway Around the World

Life is just getting in the way of sewing.  Can't help it so I'm trying to work with it instead of getting upset.  So while sitting with my dad in rehab I took misc strips to cut to a uniform 2.5" or 2".  Before I knew it I had enough for Jo's  Trip for Two  . Then in little bits of found time, which might have saved my sanity, I got them sewn together.

Then, again sitting with my dad, I carefully unsewed at the right spots so when they were opened up they made the staggered strips needed for Trip Around the World. In a few more bits of time I got 1/4 of it sewn back together.
The far side is sewn together.  The near side is just strips.  With no free time, I am not going to waste a moment cleaning up the table!

Since this was going so slowly I had a lot of time to think on it.  I decided to adjust my strips and not make the repeat square where the four large parts meet up like in the original.  With just a little bit of thinking - basically just leaving out one strip on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th part it will come back together as just a Trip Around the World.

There was not enough of one of the blues.  It is pretty noticeable here, but I think when it is finished on opposing sides diagonally it will not stand out so much and if it does, it will just further remind me of all that was going on when I made it!!

I'm only halfway around the world, so we will see if my plan really works out.  I have always wanted to make this quilt, so I am glad to finally get it going.

 Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts  and Confessions of a Fabric Addict  to show off finishes.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be beautiful! Amazing how those bits of found time can save your sanity, isn't it? Hope you find plenty more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours in this quilt. I'm glad to hear that fabric is being a good companion and keeping you sane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!