Friday, October 3, 2014

Appliquéd Hearts

This quilt started with a small stack of orphan blocks from somewhere.  I copied the heart and made a few more to learn some of the decorative stitching on my mother's machine. Every now and then I would make another.
Last weekend out of the blue I pulled it out and added a few more blocks. Then I decided to count them up. I realized with a very little bit of effort I could be done.  

The blue border was a 6 yard long  4" wide strip - all a single piece - that had recently been given to me.  In and out just that fast.  I like that. 

It was not anything special, not high priority, not anything at all really. Far from perfect, but done. It will go to the guild for someone else to quilt and then on to Hopsice.  I think it will work just fine there.  "Covered in Love" might be a good name. 

 Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts  and Confessions of a Fabric Addict  to show off finishes.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool way to try out some decorative stitches! I may just have to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!