Sunday, February 8, 2015

Trying for a Finish

Stash Report 020815

Sadly, fabric came in this week. I am trying to finish the Spinning Octogon project and it is not going well. I feel like I am too far in to just quit but it is an uphill climb.   Since I am pretty insecure about this project I am trying to follow the original pattern in the book. Maybe that's the problem - following directions - since I'm not too good at that!  I'm much better at making it up as I go along.

Just 8 more to go
Anyways I needed just a bit of orange so I got 2 remnants and 2 quarter yard pieces of yardage.  That gives me a bit of variety and enough left over to add some color to other scrappy projects.  Hard to believe that with all the fabric I have there was no orange. 
The Dr. Seuss fabric was paid for by school and will be used for a specific project for school so I'm not counting that as going into my stash although the more I look at it the more I like it. 

I was unable to sew at all this week so the incoming fabric looks even worse but it is what it is. 

Fabric Used This Week:  0 yards 
Fabric In This Week: 1.5 yards orange for Spinning Octagons
Total In 2015: 1.5 yards
Net Used 2015:  14.98  yards

Linking up to Patchwork Times  to show how others are doing on busting their stash! 




5 comments:

  1. I had the same problem a couple of years ago, no oranges in the stash. I fixed that by making a school colors quilt for one of Drama Teen's teachers. Now I have stash. Bringing in that bit didn't hurt your out numbers too badly. Sometimes you have to add to use more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ok to replenish your stash, especially if you are out of a certain color. Orange is my least favorite color, but I use it in scrappy quilts all the time to brighten them up.

    If you don't feel like continuing your spinning octagon, you could put the four blocks together and use them as the center of a scrappy medallion quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange fabric is hard, isn't it? There are so many variations, and they don't always play well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spinning octogon is gorgeous! Do keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the spinning octagon blocks are very pretty. I do not worry that much about adding fabric if I need to replenish a color.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!