Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Dear Jane Goes to North Carolina


I knew I would have uninterrupted time for hand sewing so I prepped blocks that needed hand sewing for the trip to North Carolina.  I also did some investigation on freezer paper applique.  Wow!  I sure wish I had done that earlier.

I had already prepped the large circles with minimal difficulty.  But I used the freezer paper method for the small circles, the melons, and the tiny triangles.  It sure helped to keep everything uniform and smooth.  Although I don't think anything could have helped those teeny tiny triangles - they were so small and difficult to work with.

Over all I am very pleased with Block J 10, which is one that I had been avoiding for years because of the melon shapes.  I knew that if they weren't uniform it just wouldn't look right.  I'm glad I waiting until my applique skills got better.

I think that there are only about 9 blocks to go now.  Then the center section will be finished.  My summer goal has been to finish those blocks.  I can work on sashing when school starts since that will not require such focus - I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!