Sunday, April 8, 2018

Stash Report 040818

I've been sewing in dribs and drabs.  I had thought I'd get more done on Spring Break than I actually did.  Isn't that always the case?

Fabric In:  I'm not doing so good this year on resisting temptation.  But when it is so super cheap (or free) I can't help myself.
This will make a great backing.

Turquoise chevrons: 3 yards for $2.29

Solid Red: 2.44 yards gifted

Just cute!
Princesses: 1 yard for $1, most of it already used in a pillowcase

Snowmen: 0.9 yards for $0.50

Soft and snuggly
Flannel: It has already been cut into large squares (44" x 44") for baby blankets with crochet edges, but I think I can use it for backings for baby quilts also.  10.21 yards gifted


Fabric Out:

There were some straggling pillowcases that found their way back to me for finishing.  All done.  Three of the more childish ones will go to a family in Spain next month, but the rest need homes.  Ideas??  Some of the fabric had been donated just for this project, but most was from the stash.  19 pillowcases = 14.64 yards

Who needs pillowcases?


Fabric Purchased this week: 4.9 yards
Fabric Purchased YTD: 30.76 yards

Fabric Acquired this week: 12.65 yards
Fabric Acquired YTD: 22.65 yards

Fabric Used this week:  14.64 yards for pillowcases
Fabric Used YTD: 43.68 yards

Total: 9.73 yards stashed


I am mostly keeping up with Kate over at Life in Pieces trying to get 15 minutes of stitching or sewing related work done every day.  I am not getting it reported regularly, but I am getting it done in real life.

Days stitched since last report: 13/14
Days stitched this month: 6/7
Days stitched this year: 88/97
Success Rate: 91%


Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to keep accountable.

5 comments:

  1. A couple of the LQSs here take pillowcases, one for the national project and another for a local children's hospital. QOV and similar group will take RWB ones to use to bag the quilts. I see people collecting online here and there, but none recently. I'm sure you will find a home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great. Free or cheap fabric is difficult to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've plans for most of what came in, so hopefully it will go right back out. You are doing great on finding time to stitch each day. Hope that is translating into progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the chevron fabric you got, and can’t beat that price! In my area, the women’s shelter loves to get pillowcases, including kid prints because many of the women arrive with children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buys, and gifts. I don't count gifted fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!