Friday, April 7, 2017

A Finish for Clara Barton

Two unexpected projects led to two unexpected finishes this week.

My co-worker's daughter will be Clara Barton in her class's living museum.  She had a plain dress but needed the apron.  I love making aprons.  I used the same McCall's pattern I used for her Christmas apron and it even had a nurse hat as well.
An apron for every occasion!
The red crosses are only pinned on so she can use the apron for real after the presentation.  I'll add lace trim if she wants later as well.
Who wouldn't love this!!
The other finish was a zipper pouch for Little S to gift at a birthday party this weekend. She knew her friend's favorite colors and had fun helping to choose the fabrics.   This was really fast.  The design is based on this tutorial from Sew Delicious with a few minor changes.
I can't wait to make more of these.

 Plus I personalized it with her name.  It can easily be adapted to whatever size you want.  The only limitation is your zipper length. 

Happy to have a finish this week. 

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict to show off finishes. 

4 comments:

  1. How nice of you to help out your friend. I love when "costumes" can be used for real-life as well. I'll bet that pouch was a hit! Nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun apron -- and so sweet of you to make it for your daughter's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the Disney Princess aprons on Pinterest? I bet you could turn out some pretty fine play aprons too. (I'm thinking of Moana for my Halloween.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice apron and it will add the right touch to the costume. The little bag is great - love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!