Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Finish Joey's Bag

One of our students is headed across the country for medical procedures leading up to major surgery this summer.   He has been absent for the past two weeks to make sure he doesn't pick up any sickness heading into this.

We made a large "head" and took it everywhere we went and took lots of pictures.  We made a book of the photos along with drawings from his classmates. 

Then we got carried away and gathered "busy bag" stuff to keep him entertained on the airplane and in the hotel.  Then I got ambitious and offered to make a backpack for all the things we had gathered.  

I finished the ends of the cording before I delivered it.

His favorite color is red. I checked my odd fabrics for something heavier to make it sturdier to hold a load and withstand a 3-year-old. 

I found this practical but cute red ticking stripe.  I lined it with a solid red.  Also in the stash was this super thick cording in black so I used black for his name.  

Loaded and ready to go

I have made drawstring bags before but not in a while.  So I made it up as I went along.  I am very pleased with the result.  

The only problem was that I got a cold while working on it and loading it up.  So his mom has to sanitize it before it can even go in the house.  She is amazing and took it in stride.  

Showing off finished with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Getting the other students involved is a great way to teach empathy to young ones. They will remember doing this for Joey!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!