Friday, December 12, 2014

Memorial Photo Block

I like this block so much.  I thought it was perfect to show off the photo without taking the attention away from the photo.
So I figured I'd give a few more details. 
All the photos were a slightly different size. I figured/carefully calculated that a 6" background would work for all of them. I used artist transfer paper and first ironed onto a 7.5" background square. Then I trimmed down to 6.5" unfinished.  
The rectangles on the block are 6.5" x 2.5".  
The corner squares are 2.5".  
Finished block 10". 

This could also be done with rectangles 6.5" x 3" (which is what I wanted but did not have enough fabric).
The corner squares would be 3".  
Finished block 11". 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!