Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dakota's Memorial Quilt

I am making this quilt for my team teacher in memory of her dog and good friend, Dakota.  I was unable to get the photos other than to ask her so it might not be  a surprise but that's okay.  That's not the important part.

It took me so long to get the photos then get them printed on transfer paper then get them ironed on that I have spent several months thinking of a design.  When it came down to it I realized it needed to be simple with the focus on the pictures not the design.  
I worked with fabrics I had saved for a dog quilt for College R way back when she was in grade school.  No, I don't hang onto things for very long!!  I do not want to buy any new fabric so I am determined to make it work.  

So far I love it and I don't think it has a "make do" look at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!