Friday, July 19, 2019

Long Overdue Carpenter Star

When we went to Guatemala for Christmas the girls and I helped prep this quilt for my MIL to make for my niece.  I had just made a blue one and she liked the look.  They aren't hard to cut or sew, just tricky to layout.

We figured out the layout and numbered the pieces to help her keep it all straight when she sewed it up.  There was even an extra bed to keep it out on. 
I wrote about the process.

She got the center star sewn and started pinning pieces to sew together when an urgent sewing job came in and she had to set it aside.  I heard what had happened, so that was the first thing on my TO DO list when I went back to visit.

When she unrolled the sheet it had been on I wasn't sure what we would find.  It was a big "wad" of pieces.  I was very pleased with all the pinning.  That helped a lot as far as getting the layout right.  And we found the photos on the blog and I was able to work from that to get it set up again.  Once I got it right, she pinned the pieces to the sheet just in case!  The sewing was pretty easy once I got used to her machine. 

Ta..daaa....  The center is all sewn.  She thinks she will add two borders to make it a little larger.  I am so glad that I was able to help her straighten this out and that it will eventually get into the hands of a cute little girl. 

Now I think I need to make a pink one for me!  I really like this design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!