Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mothers Day Stash Report

Fabric In: I exhibited extreme self-control last weekend.  I went to my favorite thrift store after a CPR training class over in that area of town.  There were several pieces of fabric that I was interested in, but nothing I needed.  The giant number 55 from last week's stash report kept flashing before my eyes! So it put them back and only bought the 25c zipper.  The zipper drawer is not full yet, so that was safe!!

Fabric Out: Last week I caught up on fabric in for 2019, this week I'll catch up on fabric out.  

March - Ms. D's Carnival Auction Quilt  The signature squares had already been counted out in 2018 when I gave them to the class to design.  5.03 yards for the setting squares, borders, backing and binding.

Super Quilt

April - Burp cloth set for one of Little S's teachers who is expecting. 0.8 yds
For a baby boy.

We didn't know the name so we went with the last initial. 
April - Sea Glass Storm at Sea for Baby Z.  This quilt is near the top of my all time favorites.  I'll write a detailed post about it in the near future.  8.16 yds
Sea Glass
April - Garment Bag style Cover for College E's Fancy dresses - 2 yds

May - Pillowcase for my Carnival Auction Experience winner - 1.1 yds

May - Starter fabrics for the Carnival Experience winner - 6 FQs


Fabric Purchased Since Last Report - 0 yds
Fabric Purchased YTD - 46.20 yds

Free to Me Since Last Report - 0 yds
Free to Me YTD -  8.75 yds

Fabric Used Since Last Report - 18.59 yds
Fabric Used YTD - 18.59 yds

Fabric Movement -  36.36  stashed 

Price/Yard YTD - $0.64 / yard

Making progress, although it is 5 months worth in one report, so it seems better than it really is!!  Eleven more days of school, then the numbers will come down a lot faster - I hope!
2019+15+minute+To+Stitch_2-001.jpg (1600×1600)

I did pretty well this week.  I missed Friday because of sheer exhaustion from work and the arrival of College E for the summer and Grown Up R for the weekend, but overall I stuck with it and sewed a minimum of 15 minutes each day as challenged by Kate over at Life in Pieces.  Since I am starting my year with the month of May my numbers are a little off, but that's okay.  As long as it keeps me on track.

Days spent on sewing related tasks this month: 10/11
Days spent on sewing related tasks this year: 10/11
Percentage of time on task: 91%

Linking up to QuiltPaintCreate and Life in Pieces to stay accountable.

5 comments:

  1. Sea Glass is beautiful! I can see why it's one of your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scalloped edge quilt is gorgeous, and so is the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea Glass is gorgeous. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Sea Glass is so beautiful! Those colors, the design and yes! the scalloped edge! so beautiful! Congratulations on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sea Glass is gorgeous! You've been making some progress with the stash, at least nothing in this week. There are just those days when stitching is just too much on top of everything else. But you've had a great May. Hope this week is better on both the stitching and de-stashing fronts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think!